Wednesday, 1 December 2010
This tutorial will walk you through the process of making hedges for your 10mm wargaming table out of common scouring pads which can be bought from your local supermarket.
1. The first step is to cut your bases to the desired size either using MDF or hardboard in my case I used hardboard and cut it to 1 inch wide by 6 inch long once you have cut your bases to the desired size you then want to proceed to rasp the edges to give it a smoother appearance.
2. Cut the scouring pads to the desired height and length.
3. The next step is to texture your base. I have done tutorial on basing.
4. The next step is to immerse the cut scouring pads into a tub of PVA and then immerse the saturated scouring pads into a tub of mixed Javis Countryside Scenic Products Scatter No 21 pasture green and Javis Countryside Scenic Products Scatter No 15 mid green allowed to dry.
5. You can miss the above stage if you prefer to paint instead use a dark green followed by lighter shades of green and highlight with yellow.
6. The next and final stage is the glue the scouring pads on to your precut and textured bases using a glue gun.
Polycell Textured Ceilings Course Effect
Ronseal Diamond Hard Varnish, matt clear
Noch Summer Meadow Grass
Javis Countryside Scenic Products Scatter No 21 pasture green
Javis Countryside Scenic Products Scatter No 15 mid green
Humbrol No. 110 Natural Wood
Humbrol No. 103 Cream