Spartan Games is hugely excited to announce the much-anticipated launch of Planetfall – a fast-paced, action packed game of massed 10mm armoured and infantry conflict set in the Firestorm Armada galaxy.
Devastating tanks, sleek aerial units, crushing artillery, orbital drop-ships and elite infantry forces fight over objectives, each side seeking to achieve their key objectives at the expense of the other. Planetfall uses an ugo-igo system, with an activation mechanism based around Helixes – the building blocks of every force. Games are tactical, combat is ferocious, and the gameplay engine is built around Spartan Games’ established Exploding D6 mechanic, making it fast and intuitive.
We’re launching Planetfall with 5 products to start with:
(1) Battle For Proteus Prime: is a 2-player battle box that contains over 34 stunningly detailed gaming models, full colour rulebook, campaign book, scenery, and so much more. The plot for this Boxed Set sparks off a major offensive in the Storm Zone, and in time will itself fuel an exciting Firestorm Armada 2-player boxed set.
On the surface of Proteus Prime, Aquan Prime and Directorate forces have turned this desolate planet into a raging warzone. There is a deadly secret on this world, and the Directorate want it all costs, and the Aquans want it kept buried. Drawn into the conflict are two Alliance Races, the Terquai and Works Raptor.
Box contents include:
Aquan Core Helix
1 x ‘Sedna’ Heavy Skimmer Tank
3 x ‘Lamana’ Medium Skimmer Tanks
4 x ‘Imzani’ Light Recon Skimmer Tanks
1 x ‘Sirsir’ Medium Skimmer Designator Tank
2 x ‘Votari’ Crystal Nodes
2 x ‘Votari’ Anti-Air Batteries
5 x Bases of Aquan ‘Khitari’ Infantry (mix of scenic bases with 3-4 minis on each)
Directorate Core Helix
1 x ‘Desolator’ Heavy Battle Crawler Tank
3 x ‘Retaliator’ Medium Battle Crawlers Tanks
5 x ‘Informer’ Light Recon Buggies
2 x ‘Trojan’ Cyber Warfare Tanks
1 x ‘Intruder’ Combat Personnel Carrier
5 x Bases of Directorate ‘Patriot’ Shock Infantry (mix of scenic bases with 3-4 minis on each)
1 x Full Colour Rulebook
2 x Planetfall TAC Decks
1 x 64-page ‘The Battle of Proteus Prime’ A5 Campaign Book (including Statistics for all Aquan and Directorate Forces in the set)
2 x Medium Bunkers
3 x Small Buildings
1 x A5 pre-printed Crashed Shuttle Sheet
A5 Token and Template Sheets
The ideal way to plunge yourself into Planetfall ground warfare in the Firestorm Galaxy!
Click here to get your hands on Planetfall’s Battle For Proteus Prime!
(2) and (3) TWO Allied Expansion Helixes: These expansion Helixes (up to TWO per core force can be added) instantly allow players to expand the Directorate and Aquan forces found in the Proteus Prime Battle Box.
Terquai Allied Recon Helix
The Terquai are close allies of the Aquan Prime, and this Recon Helix is intended to aid Aquan forces in harassing their opponents. The Iopphon Heavy Gunship lays down devastating fire, while itself soaking up enemy attacks, and can be used to deploy Temporal Portals onto a battlefield. The flexibility of this Helix though comes from the two cadres of Nabis Heavy Infantry Drones which can use the Temporal Portals to be transported instantaneously into battle zones.
1 x Iophon Heavy Gunship
10 x Bases of Nabis Heavy Infantry (2 Full Cadres)
2 x Temporal Portals (60mm x 40mm scenic base)
To purchase your Terquai Allied Recon Helix click here
Works Raptor Allied Recon Helix
Works Raptor ground forces are, like their space fleets, all about stabbing the enemy in the heart. The GX-74 ‘Witch‘ Heavy Interceptors are sleek, fast and deadly, and a match for any aerial foe. The LR-6 Recon Tanks are all about capturing strategic objectives, and then having the fighting prowess to hold on to it. Also included in the Helix is a crashed Works Raptor Escape Pod which can be used as part of a narrative driven scenario, or simply as a Strategic Objective.
3 x GX-74 ‘Witch’ Heavy Interceptor
5 x LR-6 Recon Tank
1 x Crashed Escape Pod (60mm x 40mm scenic base)
(4) Full colour rulebook: Building your army with Helixes gives an enormous flexibility to Commanders as they assemble their Planetfall forces, and is designed to let Commanders mobilise their forces onto the tabletop quickly. Key features of the rules include:
• Flexible Army Lists
• TAC Card Deck used to deliver thematic gameplay
• Established Spartan Games dice mechanics
• Intuitive and Easy to Master
• Rules for capturing and holding Battlefield Objectives
And much more…
To buy your Planetfall Rulebook click here.
(5) Pre-printed Terrain Box: made from acrylic and pre-printed laminated card for the ideal balance of quality and weight, these can drop straight into a battlefield. You get 11 terrain pieces – the largest is 193mm long!