Facebook

Thursday, 8 December 2011

Useful World War II Links

Useful World War II Links

Here is a list of useful World War II links,  if you know of any other links which you think should be included then by all means use the comment form below.

Rapid Fire by Colin Rumford and Richard Marsh

My World War II Book Library


Pendraken Miniatures do most of the figure you will need and a few buildings.

Magister Militum also have a wide selection and well worth a look.

JR Miniatures buildings sold by Magister Militum

Fieldworks are absolutely brilliant for ruined buildings.


TimeCasts are without doubt one of the most accurate in scale and quality is outstanding

Thursday, 1 December 2011

World War II German Army

World War II German Army

This is my 10mm World War II German Army which is set up to use the Rapid Fire rules system, 99% of the figures are from Pendraken with the other 1% coming from Magister Militum all of the vehicles are from Pendraken. As you can see from the pictures and the descriptions this is based on a late war German Panzer division and all its support units.

1944 to 1945 German 5. Panzer Division

Panzer-Regiment 31

1st Panzer Battalion

1st Panzer Battalion picture 1

1st Panzer Battalion picture 2

HQ Panzer IV 75 mm gun, Flakpanzer 38t 20 mm gun, Bergepanzer III

1st Company three x Panzer IV 75 mm gun

2nd Company three x Panzer IV 75 mm gun

3rd Company three x Panzer IV 75 mm gun

4th Company three x Panzer IV 75 mm gun

Supply Company two x Opel Maultier half track lorry

2nd Panzer Battalion, not started

Panzergrenadier-Regiment 13

Armoured Panzer Grenadier Battalion

Armoured Panzer Grenadier Battalion picture 1

Armoured Panzer Grenadier Battalion picture 2

HQ Commanding officer plus four figures, Panzerschreck, Sdkfz 251/10 half track 37 mm gun

1st Company eight figures Panzerfaust, Sdkfz 251/1 half track 

2nd Company eight figures Panzerfaust, Sdkfz 251/1 half track 

3rd Company eight figures Panzerfaust, Sdkfz 251/1 half track 

4th Heavy Company six figures, two x MMG, Sdkfz 251/1 half track, Sdkfz 251/9 half track 75 mm gun, three figures, Sdkfz 251/2 half track (81 mm mortar)

Motorised Panzer Grenadier Battalion

Motorised Panzer Grenadier Battalion picture 1

Motorised Panzer Grenadier Battalion picture 2

Motorised Panzer Grenadier Battalion picture 3

HQ Commanding officer plus four figures, Panzerschreck, staff car

5th Company eight figures Panzerfaust, Opel Blitz median truck

6th Company eight figures Panzerfaust, Opel Blitz median truck

7th Company eight figures Panzerfaust, Opel Blitz median truck

8th Heavy Company six figures, two x MMG, Opel Blitz median truck, three figures, 120 mm mortar Sdkfz 10 half track, three figures, 20 mm towed AA, Sdkfz 10 half track

Panzergrenadier-Regiment 14, not started 

Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 116, partly done

Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 116

Artillery Battalion one x Hummel SP 150 mm gun, two x Wespe105 mm gun, Sdkfz 250/5 OP half track

Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 5, not started

Heeres-Flak-Artillerie-Abteilung 288, only a couple of units completed

Heeres-Flak-Artillerie-Abteilung 288

Panzerjäger-Abteilung 53, not started

Antitank Battalion two x Jagdpanzer 75 mm gun

Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 89, not started